WHAT IS THE CHIN IMPLANT
The chin implant is a surgical procedure through which a modification of the chin is made, prominent or removed, thus providing an improvement of the facial area, thanks to the use of silicone implants. The objective is to improve and balance the different facial areas, obtaining very natural results.
In addition to helping the oral area look better, chin implants can be used to correct congenital deficiencies and facial trauma.
The surgery chin or chin implant includes removing excessive adipose tissue area. In the case of a removed chin it will be improved with the insertion of the implant and in a prominent chin the bone will be reduced and sculpted.
The chin provides expression to the facial area, the best candidates are those who seek to improve the size and shape of their chin, thus highlighting the area of the middle third of the facial oval. With this, it is possible to benefit those people who have a retracted chin and a prominent nose.
The chin augmentation provides balance and define the jaw and appearance of a large nose. This type of treatment is usually combined with a rhinoplasty or a cheek implant, thus achieving a perfect result.
HOW IS THE TREATMENT
The surgery chin augmentation in Delhi is characterized by being a process quickly and easily recovering facial harmony. As it is a minor surgery, the patient will not need a medical leave and within a few hours of being operated on, they can go home in perfect condition.
The procedure used for the chin implant is:
- Sedation of the patient with local anesthesia.
- A small incision is made in the mouth between the gum area and the lower lip, thus avoiding the appearance of scars. If this is not possible, it will be made through an incision just below the chin.
- The chin implant is inserted and positioned just in front of the maxillary area.
- The specialist is in charge of verifying that there is a balance according to the facial areas, to finish modifying or accommodating the implant.
- It is finished with stitches inside and outside the oral area, dissolving in about 10 days.
Once the operation is finished, the patient will feel a slight swelling in the treated area, which will decrease over the first week.
After the first 48 hours, the patient should start their treatment review sessions.
During the consultation with plastic surgeon in Karnal, the type, shape and size of the prosthesis will be evaluated in order to achieve the best result.
The results are practically immediate, the patient will have managed to harmonize the facial area with a natural result and without having any type of external scar.
After the intervention, it is normal for the patient to feel discomfort, they may have small bruises and inflammation on the chin and on the face that will disappear after the first days. In the oral area it will have internal points that will be reabsorbed over time.
The patient must return to the different check-ups after the treatment (approximately 48 hours after surgery, 1 week, 15 days, 1 month, 3 months, 6 months and 12 months after the intervention). In some cases, a more exhaustive control will be necessary, which may go up to a total of 18 months.
- Rest for the first 24 hours after the intervention. Physical exercise can be resumed after the first week.
- Liquid diet for at least the first 2 or 3 days, it may even be recommended to take nutritional supplement shakes.
- Use of external bandage for practically a week.
- The patient must take the medication that the plastic surgeon in Panipat has recommended.
- Avoid direct sun exposure for a month, in addition to placing local cold in the treated area.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol during the 30 days before and after the intervention.
Chin surgery manages to recover the harmony of the facial features in a fast and natural way for the patient.
This process has a number of advantages over other temporary treatments:
- Natural and definitive results.
- Quick and easy process to achieve the chin augmentation we are looking for.
- The type of prosthesis with which we work does not generate any type of rejection for the patient, nor does it cause any erosion to the facial bones.
- It does not leave scars because the treatment is carried out inside the mouth.
Dr. Sahil Singla is one of the best plastic surgeon in Delhi for reconstructive, aesthetic & cosmetic surgery.